David Tran is a renowned spa interior designer with a flair for creating serene and luxurious spaces. He has designed interiors for some of the top spas in the world. David believes in the importance of creating a calming atmosphere to enhance the spa experience.
Using highlighter is a fantastic way to add a radiant glow to your complexion and enhance your natural features. Whether you're new to the world of makeup or just starting to experiment with highlighter, I'm here to guide you through some beginner tips that will help you achieve a beautiful and luminous look.
1. Choose the right shade: When selecting a highlighter, it's essential to consider your skin tone. For fair skin, opt for champagne or pearl shades. If you have medium skin, golden or peachy tones will complement your complexion. For deeper skin tones, rich gold or bronze shades will work beautifully. Remember, the goal is to create a subtle, natural-looking glow that enhances your skin tone.
2. Prep your skin: Before applying highlighter, make sure your skin is well-hydrated and properly moisturized. This will ensure a smooth and even application. Use a lightweight moisturizer that suits your skin type and allow it to fully absorb before moving on to the next step.
3. Apply foundation and concealer: To achieve a flawless base, apply your foundation and concealer as usual. Make sure to blend them seamlessly into your skin for a natural finish. Once your base is set, you can move on to the highlighter.
4. Choose the right tool: There are various tools you can use to apply highlighter, such as brushes, sponges, or your fingertips. For beginners, I recommend using a small, fluffy brush with synthetic bristles. This type of brush allows for precise application and seamless blending.
5. Focus on the high points of your face: The key to using highlighter effectively is to apply it strategically to the high points of your face. These areas include the tops of your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, the cupid's bow, and the inner corners of your eyes. Applying highlighter to these areas will create a natural-looking glow and enhance your facial features.
6. Blend, blend, blend: Blending is crucial when it comes to highlighter application. After applying the product to the desired areas, use gentle circular motions to blend it into your skin. This will ensure a seamless and natural finish, avoiding any harsh lines or patches.
7. Less is more: Remember, highlighter is meant to enhance your natural features, not overpower them. Start with a small amount of product and build it up gradually if needed. It's easier to add more highlighter than to remove excess product, so take your time and be mindful of the amount you're applying.
8. Experiment with different formulas: Highlighters come in various formulas, including powder, cream, and liquid. Each formula offers a different finish and level of intensity. As a beginner, I recommend starting with a powder highlighter as it's easier to control and blend. Once you feel more comfortable, you can explore different formulas and find the one that suits your preferences.
Remember, practice makes perfect! Don't be afraid to experiment and find the highlighter application technique that works best for you. With these beginner tips, you'll be well on your way to achieving a gorgeous and radiant glow that will make you feel like a spa goddess.